Vice President of Sales
The Vice President of Sales will plan, develop and execute the strategic and tactical sales plans for the organization. Assures sales strategies are consistent with the overall objectives of the organization. The individual will develop strategies and relationships to maximize revenue growth and profit. Will select, develop, and supervises sales and customer service staff members and establish proper and effective communication with other departments. Responsible for developing and maintaining proper and effective communication with customers and prospective customers.
- As a member of the leadership team helps identify strategic goals and objectives on both a short-term and long-term basis.
- Develops strategies, objectives, and tactics for the entire sales and customer service organization.
- Establishes Net Revenue and Gross Margin goals for team members. Manages and coaches sales and customer service staff members to meet or exceed Net Revenue and Gross Margin goals.
- Works to ensure the Sales & Customer Service teams are properly organized and resourced to capture the opportunities identified, follow-up, and close.
- Accurately compile and analyze sales forecasts on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Maintains relationships with customers and external partners to ensure customer satisfaction through world-class service is met.
- Understands market requirements to drive appropriate product planning, design, and development.
- Support resolution of any discrepancy between customer requested ship date and available to ship date. In all instances advocate for the customer and attempt to accommodate all customer requests.
- Provides Leadership Team with ongoing customer feedback, concerns and general comments on products, technologies, services, and solutions.
- Develops and publishes product pricing strategies and field discount policies.
- Responsible for sales plan and departmental budget preparation.
- Responsible to ensure that the team meets the plan and budget.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of field sales experience necessary.
- 5+ years of people leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with top-level management at customers.
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer's business challenges.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, leadership, sales, and project management abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of the transportation industry and products.
- In-depth knowledge of company’s products and competitor’s products, sales techniques and financial principles.
- Understands the transportation industry and furthers the organization’s knowledge.
- Must possess excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities.
- Resource and relationship management skills.
- Solution selling ability.
- Strategic planning ability.
- Personal and team effectiveness skills.
We’ve developed a strong and diverse network of top industry talent which includes Sales, Engineering, and Product Management in the automotive and commercial vehicle segments.
We provide a wide range of brake industry opportunities from clients searching for your specific expertise in the areas of friction, foundation brake, and advanced braking technologies.
Ready to Work With Us?
If you'd like to find out more about our services or discuss a position, please complete the form and one of our team will be in touch ASAP.