Sr. Test Engineer
The Sr. Test Engineer (Friction) leads the evaluation and testing of new and existing friction products. Responsibilities include designing, developing, and validating test programs, and test methodology, identify improvement opportunities and make recommendations to senior management. Presenting results and analysis to internal and external customers.
- Lead testing and evaluation of friction material including dynamometer, corrosion, shear, on-vehicle and 3rd party testing.
- Prepare and organize testing requests, coordinates testing schedules and evaluate final test results.
- Develop comprehensive project report outlining findings and recommendations for presentation to relevant internal and external parties.
- Manage the troubleshooting and maintenance of lab equipment, including calibration of test equipment and measuring instruments.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, customer requirements, and test standards.
- Identify, evaluate and characterize raw materials, maintain database for friction material.
- Identify hazards associated with friction material and test processes and take action to ensure a safe and healthy lab environment.
- Evaluate and report findings and recommendation for products returned for failure mode.
- Update lab processes and procedures and participate in audit to ensure compliance with ISO 17025.
- Develop new operating procedures and update existing procedures as required for testing equipment and lab.
- Work with internal departments, including procurement and Product Development teams to source equipment and products.
- Oversee the on-vehicle brake evaluation program.
- Coordinate testing requirements conducted by external labs.
- Provide the necessary technical training to Production personnel in the operation of Test Equipment and associated procedures.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, report and presentation skills.
- Reading and interpreting test equipment readings, communicating technical information.
- Interpreting, analyzing complex data and developing reports and presentations.
- Problem identification and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects concurrently.
- Keep current with test trends and share knowledge.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment, and independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to be innovative and generate creative solutions.
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- University degree in Engineering, mechanical, material or chemical or equivalent education and experience.
- 5-10 years experience with regulatory and quality systems (IS0 17025).
- At least 5 years hands-on lab experience with friction products. Includes thorough understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of friction performance, application and engineering practices.
We’ve developed a strong and diverse network of top industry talent which includes Sales, Engineering, and Product Management in the automotive and commercial vehicle segments.
We provide a wide range of brake industry opportunities from clients searching for your specific expertise in the areas of friction, foundation brake, and advanced braking technologies.
From The BRAKE Report MCHENRY, Ill. – Brake Parts Inc LLC (BPI) announces Dr. HT ...+
Ready to Work With Us?
If you'd like to find out more about our services or discuss a position, please complete the form and one of our team will be in touch ASAP.