Material Planning Manager
This position is responsible for leading the material planners in U.S. and Mexico locations. A key individual on the management team that will be expected to bring the planning processes and procedures to the next level of excellence by developing and delivering best practices. This role will also provide management with timely and accurate information on material related performance including inventory levels and product delivery.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities related to the planning function.
- Accountable for raw material inventory levels and product delivery for all sites
- Prepares policies, process and instructions regarding materials systems and procedures.
- Develops material planning metrics to be shared and reviewed with the leadership team on a monthly basis
- Drives supply base performance enhancements and leads all continuous improvement projects
- Trains, develops, empowers and evaluates planning team
- Acts as the point of contact for all escalated materials issues
- Designs, implements, manages, and monitors parameters in the planning system
- Creates workable implementation plans as needed
- Works with cross-functional teams to build commitment, overcomes resistance, and to prepare and support those affected by change
- Communicates effectively and leads daily shortage calls
Education & Experience
- BS/BA degree required
- 5-7 years experience in a materials management role with multi-site responsibilities
- 2-3 years of international business exposure, specifically with Mexico and China
- APICS certification a plus
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
We’ve developed a strong and diverse network of top industry talent which includes Sales, Engineering, and Product Management in the automotive and commercial vehicle segments.
We provide a wide range of brake industry opportunities from clients searching for your specific expertise in the areas of friction, foundation brake, and advanced braking technologies.
DRESDEN, Germany – Several C-Suite Executives attending EuroBrake 2019 asked me...+
Ready to Work With Us?
If you'd like to find out more about our services or discuss a position, please complete the form and one of our team will be in touch ASAP.