Hagman Search is spearheading the recruitment of a Vice President of Manufacturing. The individual stepping into this vital leadership role will oversee and enhance the organization's manufacturing operations. The role's main objective will be the formation and execution of strategies to facilitate efficient production processes, high-quality output, and ongoing development across all manufacturing facilities. This position balances strategic foresight with tactical action.
Reporting directly to the COO, the successful candidate will work closely with teams across various functions such as engineering, operations, quality assurance, and supply chain.
- The new Vice President will devise and execute a manufacturing strategy that aligns with the company's broader objectives.
- They will set clear goals for the manufacturing department and develop performance metrics for evaluating success.
- The VP will spot and leverage operational enhancements and cost savings opportunities, introducing strategies to improve productivity and efficiency.
- They will contribute to the scoping or execution of M&A projects, such as consolidations, expansions, or greenfield initiatives.
- They will ensure integration activities complement the business's overall goals, leveraging cross-functional interdependencies.
- They will oversee daily operations across multiple manufacturing facilities, ensuring adherence to production schedules, quality standards, and budgetary constraints.
- The VP will monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify areas for improvement and proactively address any deviations.
- They will cultivate a culture of continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, and operational excellence to increase efficiency, reduce waste, and boost profitability.
- The individual will promote best practices and advanced manufacturing technologies to enhance productivity, quality, and safety.
Team Leadership and Development:
- The VP will offer strong leadership and guidance to the manufacturing team, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- They will recruit, develop, and retain top talent, ensuring staffing levels and skills meet current and future manufacturing requirements.
- The VP will set clear expectations, offer consistent feedback, and conduct performance evaluations to foster individual and team growth.
- They will promote a safety-first culture, ensuring compliance with all occupational health and safety regulations.
- They will collaborate closely with engineering, quality assurance, supply chain, and other departments to coordinate and integrate manufacturing activities.
- The VP will work hand in hand with the engineering team to implement new processes, technologies, and production systems, ensuring an effective transition from development to manufacturing.
- They will partner with the quality assurance team to establish and maintain rigorous quality control processes that align with industry standards and customer requirements.
- They will interact with key internal and external stakeholders, understanding their needs and providing updates on manufacturing performance.
- The VP will participate in customer meetings, addressing manufacturing-related concerns and proposing solutions to fortify partnerships and elevate customer satisfaction.
- They must be board-ready, demonstrating confidence, executive presence, and high professionalism.
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering, manufacturing, or a related field is required, though a Master's degree is preferred.
- The candidate should have extensive experience (usually over ten years) in manufacturing management within the automotive industry, ideally with Tier 1 suppliers.
- A proven record of successfully managing manufacturing operations, implementing process enhancements, and achieving operational excellence is required.
- A strong understanding of lean manufacturing principles, Six Sigma methodologies, and other continuous improvement approaches is necessary.
- Familiarity with advanced manufacturing technologies, such as automation, robotics, and digitalization, and their application in automotive manufacturing is key.
- Excellent leadership skills are necessary, with the ability to inspire and guide cross-functional teams toward operational objectives.
- The ability to navigate complex and matrixed environments, using influence rather than authority to drive results and performance, is critical.
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills are necessary, coupled with a data-driven and analytical approach.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to formulate and execute strategic plans that align with organizational goals is crucial.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required, along with the ability to interact and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels effectively.
- A demonstrated commitment to safety, quality, and regulatory compliance in a manufacturing environment is necessary.