The Senior Test Engineer will engage in a comprehensive array of technical tasks, including the development of new test procedures, approval of test reports, and the drafting of laboratory management policies and procedures. This role involves creating test report templates, establishing measurement uncertainty budgets, and conducting inter-laboratory correlation studies. A significant aspect of this position is conducting laboratory empirical investigations to resolve component-level root-cause analyses.
- Technical Expertise: Plan, conduct, and coordinate extensive engineering technical assignments, necessitating deep knowledge of foundation brake hardware and advanced laboratory testing techniques, such as inertia dynamometer and strain gauge measurement.
- Subject Matter Authority: Recognized as a technical authority in foundation brake hardware, particularly in laboratory test methods.
- Interdepartmental Support: Act as a resource for other departments requiring support in vehicle testing.
- Team Leadership: Direct and coordinate the laboratory activities of other test engineers or technicians on specified projects.
- Independent Decision-Making: Enjoy significant independence in decision-making and actions within the role.
- Proficiency in communicating complex testing principles to diverse audiences, including customers and suppliers.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Effective organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, for example, DFSS, 8D.
- Familiarity with DFMEA and DVP&R processes.
- Ability to write detailed test procedures and plans.
- Knowledge of ISO17025 is advantageous.
- Understanding of air brake systems is beneficial.
- Experience in conducting brake tests on inertia dynamometers.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in foundation brake hardware testing within the automotive or commercial vehicle industry.
- Six Sigma experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with the 8D process and the practical implementation of PCA solutions will be highly valued.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering is mandatory.
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering is preferable.
This position offers a unique opportunity for a seasoned professional with a blend of technical expertise and leadership abilities in the field of brake hardware testing and laboratory management.