The Product Development Engineer discovers, develops, and evaluates new product ideas, enhances existing products or strategic product extensions, and translates research discoveries into useable and marketable products.
- Serves as the field expert who leads, plans, and tracks all product life cycle phases, from inception to introductions into the marketplace.
- Appraises new product ideas to determine their potential to address customer needs and achieve goals in revenue growth and market share.
- May act as internal consultant in establishing product specifications and coordinating with various functions, including Research and Development, Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing, and Quality Assurance, to ensure successful product development and implementation.
- Meet current and potential customers to provide technical support on-site and at customer locations.
- Recognized as an expert in own area within the organization.
- Requires specialized depth and or breadth of expertise.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/ best practices.
- Solving complex problems takes a broad perspective to identify solutions.
- Works independently, with guidance on only the most complex situations.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Paper Science, Chemistry, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in friction or materials development is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills