The Account Manager manages the day-to-day sales activities with multiple Tier 1 and OEM accounts.
- Be the first point of contact for the customer.
- Build a strong customer relationship within purchasing, engineering, and quality.
- Manage commercial open issues.
- Identify new business opportunities, obtain RFQs, lead the quotation process, customer negotiation, and nomination.
- Support the development of business strategies to achieve short and long-term goals (sales, profitability, etc.).
- Ensure that all areas of the team are aligned with customer expectations.
- Coordination, preparation, and execution of customer meetings and events.
- Manage commercial activities: including purchase orders, tooling orders, cost breakdowns, cost tracking/history, and change management.
- Monitor customer quality and warranty.
- Work with the sales director to implement new sales initiatives and programs to capture key demographics.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Sales. 3+ years of experience in automotive sales is required.
- Experience in commercial negotiations and business acquisition is required.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a Global organization, managing multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to travel as business needs require.
- An understanding of manufacturing workflow and manufacturing methods is required.
- Experience in braking or rubber commodities is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience dealing directly with GM is preferred.
- Experience with other OE’s & Tier’s is a plus.